Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Arrival of Queen P. London, England. Oct. 26-27, 2013



The Tower of London: The place where ghosts are made of.
A little lost, yes

Storm's a comin' ... as you can see from the mumsie's hair

The Victoria and Albert Museum
“She is tolerable, but not handsome enough to tempt me, and I am in no humor at present to give consequence to young ladies who are slighted by other men.” - Mr. Darcy

“You are too generous to trifle with me. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes are unchanged; but one word from you will silence me on this subject for ever.”
Mr Darcy
 
Near our neighborhood, Cromwell Road

























































The neighbourhood photobomber and I




















































The last ten hour flight I was on was the worst, but thankfully this set of ten from San Francisco to England wasn't that bad. I must have been excited despite my exhaustion (I was sewing until the last minute before leaving), so excited that as soon we reached our hotel I took a long nap.

We kept our first night in London simple by watching "Dancing with the Stars" original, "Strictly Come Dancing," this kept us fascinated and frustrated for a solid hour. Without giving away too much, I'll admit that I prefer the American copy and I usually like originals ... I will say this though, the celebrity that stole my heart was a chubby comedian with long hair and a lovely bald spot, lol. I've never laughed (tears of merriment) nor enjoyed any amateur dance performance more than his. No, he wasn't a great dancer, but his dance was cheeky and fun, better than the others. I'm completely serious when I say that I still find it a shame that he got the lowest score. More power to him though! But, to end our night we took the London Tube, or subway, to the famous Tower of London at around 9:30pm! We didn't go inside unfortunately, but this was an amazing peak into what London would entail.

Our second day in England was spent inside the Victoria and Albert Museum, walking distance from our hotel and where other massive museums were located. The V&A was the venue of the event that I would be attending on Wednesday. It was huge and free, as all museums are in London (amazing right?). There just wasn't enough time in a day to go through everything, but they did have a great fashion exhibition. My favorite being the Regency period of course, right Jane Austen fans?

Unfortunately, our day was cut short due to a dangerous storm headed our way early Monday morning. The wind became stronger later in the day and it seemed that tourists and locals were heading home. Later we would all find out that the predicted 80mph storm (one that hasn't happened since the late '80's or was it '90's) wasn't as destructive as reported it would be, but strong nonetheless, with a bit of damage in the South of England.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin