Sunday, August 25, 2013

New York, I Love You. Manhattan, New York


Welcome to the Upper East Side ... I will make you my home one day

The Beautiful Metropolitan Museum of Art
Inside the Met. Ready for battle

Inside the Met. Huge! We were looking for the Exit
Inside the Met. An Awesome Exhibit! Finally saw original Alexander McQueen couture
Otis Reunion! My career girl booboo, Li Li, took me to the West Village





























































































































































The Meatball Shop

After the Rain





























































 









 







 



















Our last day in New York was jam packed; the morning starting off with a BANG! Or a storm to be exact. But, I was in my shorts (which caused quite a reaction, are people not used to seeing shorts anymore? lol) and we trudged on to the Upper East Side. Once again, we took our own walking tour before finally reaching the Met. 

Oh the Met! We didn't have much time, but we went through the exhibits that we were interested in, including the Baroque period with original furniture and household items from Louis XIV himself. Georgia and I just LOVE pomp and circumstance and these gilded rooms were full of it! Though the museum has really outdone itself with amazing exhibits, the happiest surprise for me was the Punk: Chaos to Couture. For fashion lovers, especially, this exhibit was a dream! Original couture pieces from the likes of Vivienne Westwood, Junya Watanabe, Commes Des Garcons ... and the wonder that was/is Alexander McQueen all in one place. I died. I couldn't believe they displayed a few of his originals. We weren't allowed to take our own photos, but those are a few of the pieces.

The rest of the day was spent attempting to walk through Central Park. Of course we failed, like everything in New York  everything in the city is super-sized. But, from the Upper East Side we walked all the way back to Times Square, our hotel, rested for a little and then separated to meet with our friends from back home.

My buddy (I haven't seen her in 2 years!!) from Otis College of Art and Design, Li Li, took me to the adorable West Village where we went balls out at the Meatball Shop. Definitely a yummy place to eat!

The night ended where we began, Times Square. We had an early night for an early flight home. 

Dear New York, 

I will come back to you again! 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin